Along with rafting and ziplining, there are numerous amounts of activities to partake in during the month of June in Colorado. No matter what you desire, there is something for everyone to do. Below are some activities we believe are worth checking out this June while visiting this beautiful state.
A popular place to stay while participating in a rafting trip is going to be in the heart of the mountains in Summit County. Summit County averages a high of 68 degrees and sunny skies for most of the day in June. With that kind of weather, most outdoor activities are available a short distance away. Here are a few events you might want to check out while in Summit:
- Breckenridge Kingdom Days-This annual Breckenridge tradition is unlike any other. Events include Outhouse races, town party, live music and historical tours. Come be part of this Breckenridge tradition, learn about the town and meet some locals for an experience you will never forget. Admission is FREE Saturday August 15th and 16th!
- The PRCA Rodeo- Also located in Breckenridge, the Rodeo kicks off June 22nd and runs every Saturday and Sunday through September 1st. Watch as some of the best riders and wranglers take part in events such as the Saddle Bronc, Bareback Riding, and Barrel Racing.
- Lake Dillon Brew Fest- Looking to get your pallet wet this summer? The Lake Dillon Brew Fest will be taking place June 22nd where you can sample beers from 25 different Colorado breweries and dance the afternoon away as live music plays the soundtrack to your drinking dance party.
For those of you who will be making Denver your home base for your trip to Colorado, here are a few other activities we think are worth looking into:
- The Denver Renaissance Festival- Beginning June 15th and running through August 4th this renaissance gives you the opportunity to experience the 16th century close up. With markets, jousting and live music it’s a hit for the whole family.
- Red Rocks Amphitheatre- Known throughout the world as one of the best venues to see a live show, Red Rocks is a must see for live music and to simply experience the beauty of this natural amphitheater.
Colorado is full of adventure and you are lucky enough to experience one of the most thrilling rides of your life! Be sure to look into these events while you are visiting and see what Colorado is all about!