A central location for all the mountain fun in Colorado!
Breckenridge is one of the premiere destination resort towns in Colorado. Established in 1859 as a mining town, Breckenridge is packed with historic homes, shopping, restaurants and bars along the famous Main St. It is home to one of North America’s most popular ski resorts during the winter months and during the summer it attracts a huge amount of outdoor enthusiasts.
Summer Activities in Breckenridge
- Whitewater Rafting
- Zipline Tours
- Horseback Riding
- Hiking trails
- Fly fishing
- Mountain biking
- Boating in the nearby Lake Dillon
- Alpine slides
- Climb to the top of Quandry Peak, and brag that you've bagged a 14er!
Some of Breckenridge’s summer events include Kingdom Days, Breck Bike Week and Breckenridge Oktoberfest. You can also enjoy an interactive cooking demonstration at the Beaver run Resort with Chef Bob Burden from 6-9 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month.
Breckenridge Whitewater Rafting
Breckenridge’s central location makes it easy to access tons of mountain adventures. Breckenridge is just a 1-hour drive from 5 Colorado rivers and 2 zipline courses. You’ll find whitewater rafting trips for all ages and abilities, all as easy day trips from Breckenridge. There is no better location for whitewater rafting trips, zipline tours, horseback riding and a long list of summer activities in the mountains.
- 1 hour from our Granite Outpost: Arkansas River rafting trips and zipline tours on our 44-acre mountain property
- 45 minutes from our Idaho Springs Outpost: Clear Creek rafting trips and zipline tours on our 9-acre property
- 1 hour from our Kremmling Outpost: Upper Colorado River rafting trips – a scenic float, inflatable kayaks or a Class IV & V advanced trip.
- 20 minutes from our Blue River rafting trip: a 1/3-day family whitewater trip
Lodging in Breckenridge:
- Vacasa Vacation Rentals
- Breckenridge Hospitality
- Abbett Placer Inn
Some of our favorite places to eat and imbibe in Breckenridge:
- Salt Creek - Enjoy 2 dollar pitchers on Tuesday and Thursday nights.
- The Blue River Bistro
- La Françoise Authentic French bakery
- Fatty’s or Giampietros are both great pizza joints
- The Breckenridge Brewery
- Taddeo's, family-style Italian
If you want a trip out of town head over to the Frisco Bay Marina’s Island Grill a great place to kick back on a sunny afternoon!
Want to Take a Yoga Class? Check out the Clubhouse at Carter Park or the Meta Yoga studios on Ridge St.