Fun Things to do in Colorado in the Winter
When planning a winter vacation for you and your family, check out all the fun things to do in Colorado. Arkansas Valley Adventure will help find the right adventure for you:
Better than great, it was a fantastic day. What a great trip you guys run. Although it was uber crowded on the river, we had a blast. Although we missed Zach and Erica, Matt Weber is a great guide. I hope he gets a chance to guide Pine Creek and the Numbers because he knows his stuff. Looking forward to Pine Creek and the Numbers and Gore later on this summer. Of course we will only use AVA . You guys rock.— Mark P, Castle Rock, CO
Winter Zip Line:
Available winter 2013. The Colorado Mountains are one of the most beautiful landscapes in the country and during the winter months there is no sight like the snow-capped Rockies. As you plan your vacation to Colorado, imagine seeing the beautiful mountain views from above. On AVA’s winter zip line tours, you’ll see the gorgeous vistas of the Arkansas Valley as you fly through the air over 7 lines, including a 900-foot span from rock outcropping to tree platform! Check out the available winter zip line tours from AVA!
Explore the Colorado Rocky Mountains as first Coloradans did with guided tours on horseback through beautiful mountain landscapes. There are different lengths of horseback trips for you and your family to choose from:
- 2 hour horseback ride: Travel through the Chalk Creek near San Isobel National Forest
- Half day horseback ride: Traverse portion of the Colorado Trail next to the Chalk Cliffs
- Sunset horseback ride: Take a 2.5 hour ride at sunset in the Arkansas Valley
You have always wanted to learn how to fly fish and what better place to do it than in the Colorado Mountains. Visiting Colorado in the winter you can still get lessons and guided trips for fly fishing. The crowds are gone and the rivers are at perfect levels for fishing. We will take you to the perfect fly fishing locations and you can learn the techniques from some of the best Colorado freshwater fly fishing guides in the West.
Colorado Hot Springs:
The hot springs in Colorado mountains are a great way for you and your family to relax no matter what time of year it is. Enjoy the crisp mountain air of the wintertime while relaxing in the natural, steaming waters of the Rocky Mountains. There are several places that have hot springs and some of them are close to Denver:
- Mt Princeton Hot Springs: Located just south of Nathrop in central Colorado, this hot springs location also offers spa treatments and other resort amenities for a day of rest and relaxation.
- Cottonwood Hot Springs: A spiritual site for the Ute Indians, these hot springs are said to have healing and therapeutic qualities
- Idaho Springs Hot Springs: Located just 30 minutes from Denver, the hot springs here are family friendly and lodging is available in historic Idaho Springs.
Peak 1 Express Mountain Shuttle:
Need transportation from Denver International Airport to the mountain towns of Summit County? Our partner company Peak 1 Express offers a Denver airport shuttle service to Breckenridge and all other Summit County destinations. They also offer charter shuttle from the airport as well as car service around Summit and Eagle Counties. If you need to get from the airport to Summit County this winter and don’t want to brave the icy roads on your own, give us a call and our experienced drivers will get you where you need to go.