Brown’s Canyon Sizzler – Full Day Colorado Rafting in Brown’s Canyon
Rafting Trips on the Arkansas River: the famous Brown’s Canyon
Brown’s Canyon Sizzler
Full day, includes our sizzling chicken fajita lunch
Intermediate Class III
$99 adult, $89 child 7-12
Check in: 9:30 am at AVA’s Granite Outpost: See Map
Located 14 miles north of Buena Vista and 19 miles south of Leadville in Central Colorado.
Rafting Brown’s Canyon Colorado: the ultimate Colorado river rafting experience! The Brown’s Canyon Sizzler is a great trip for the whole family – a great option for first-time rafters and a can’t-miss for experienced paddlers. This trip offers a classic white water rafting trip in one action-packed day. Rafting Brown’s Canyon on the Arkansas river offers thrilling whitewater appropriate for a wide range of folks. Take in the impressive mountain and canyon scenery as you raft through a proposed federal wilderness area. Safe for the younger members of your group, but still exciting for the older kids and adults, rafting Brown’s Canyon is your chance to enjoy Colorado whitewater rafting for all ages and ability levels!
I will never forget white water rafting with AVA in Browns canyon, Arkansas River.Exciting… exilerating… unbelievably good time. Can’t wait to go on another trip.—
You’ll start out the day with a safety talk and a quick paddling lesson from your guide. You’ll get valley-wide, [panoramic views of over a dozen 14,000-ft peaks. You'll have just enough time to get used to working as a team before you hit the first blast of rapids. Once you're inside Brown's Canyon, the stunning granite walls rise up to either side while the thrilling rapids continue! Rafting Brown’s Canyon will give you a lifetime of whitewater memories, and here’s why:
- Full-day excursion
- Check-in at 9:30am
- Over 20 miles on the river
- Stunning views of the canyon and surrounding mountains
- Fun, Class III whitewater
- Rapids such as Seven Stairs, Zoom Flume, Pinball, and Siedel’s Suckhole
- Minimum age 7, minimum weight 50 lbs
(AVA reserves the right to change age requirements depending on water levels and individual qualifications)
Halfway through the canyon, we’ll break for our signature sizzling fajita lunch by the edge of the river. Now is a great chance to kick back and take in the jaw-dropping views of the Collegiate Range, a chain of 14,000 foot mountains looming to the west. Brown’s Canyon shows you Colorado beauty at its besat as it runs through a proposed federal wilderness area, so don’t forget to keep an eye out for local birdlife and other wildlife! Or, just kick back and enjoy the sound of the river rushing by as you prepare for even more excitement on the second half of your trip.
At the end of the day, we’ll shuttle you back to our outpost where you can shower and change into dry clothes. Stop by our retail shop and check out photos from the trip while you and your friends recount the thrills of your day.
Brown's Canyon Sizzler + Dinner Zipline Package!
Full Day Raft + Zipline + Dinner
Intermediate Class III
$208 adults, $188 kids age 10-12
Check in: 9:30 am
Granite Outpost: See Map
This is one exciting, fun-filled day! In this popular package, you will enjoy Brown’s Canyon and an exciting zipline tour all in one day. Brown’s Canyon, American’s favorite stretch of whitewater, is perfect for all ages and levels of experience. During a fun-filled full day of rafting, you will enjoy the exhilaration of whitewater at its finest coupled with breathtaking scenery all around you. After working up an appetite, we’ll stop for a delicious hot chicken fajita lunch along the river bank, and after relaxing a while back at the Granite Outpost, we’ll begin the next part of your day-long adventure—ziplining! This exciting experience has become one of the most popular summer activities to enjoy in the scenic Colorado mountains, and our course takes you through the gorgeous 44-acre mountainous Gold Camp property. As you zip from cliff to cliff, you will take in amazing views of snow-capped mountain peaks and the beauty of lush pine and aspen trees. At the end of the day, you will enjoy a hot delicious dinner to replace all those calories you burned off during this active day. Brown’s Canyon Sizzler & Dinner Zipline Package can be enjoyed by anyone ten years and older, and the zipline tour requires a ten-minute hike.
Wanting to stretch your trip over a couple of days? Check out our 24 Hours in Brown’s Canyon trip, an overnight version of the Brown’s Canyon Sizzler where you camp right in the canyon as our guides cook you a piping-hot, hearty dinner and breakfast.
Looking for more to do?
- Head to Cottonwood Hot Springs or Mt Princeton Hot Springs for a long soak – the perfect way to unwind after an action-packed day on the river! Both springs are about 20 minutes from our outpost.
- Take your rafting to the next level! Check out the adrenaline-laced Class III-V trip called The Numbers – a half day or full day perfect for the thrill seeker in your group! Or take on the most advanced Arkansas River rafting, the Class IV and V The Gauntlet.
- More adrenaline? Check out our Zipline Tours and lots of great Rafting/Zipline packages or Rock Climbing and Rappelling Trips to really get your heart rate going!
- Hike a 14,000-foot peak! The Collegiate Range contains some of the highest mountains in the state, and they are right in our backyard.
- You could also enjoy an evening horseback ride
- Check out the historical mining town of Leadville
- Head up the famous Independence Pass for unforgettable views
Get even more information on:
- Brown’s Canyon Express 3/4 Day
- Brown’s Canyon Sizzler Full Day
- Brown’s Canyon Half Day river trip
- 24 Hours in Brown’s Canyon Overnight trip
- Granite Gorge 1/3 Day
Arkansas Valley Adventures strives to provide you the highest level of guest service on tours that promote the world’s natural resources. Our whitewater river rafting and adventure vacations will help connect you with the natural environment while offering adventure experiences with a unique perspective. We want to share our passion with you. Let us help you create the memory of a lifetime with one of our whitewater or land-based adventures!