Colorado Overnight White Water Rafting Trips
Join AVA for one of our Arkansas River overnight river rafting trips
24 Hours in Brown’s Canyon
Overnight Rafting Trip (1 night)
Intermediate Class III
$269 adults, $239 child 7-12
Check In: 12:30 pm at AVA’s Granite Outpost: Map It
Located 12 miles north of Buena Vista in Central Colorado.
Join us for 24 Hours in Brown’s Canyon and experience Colorado’s best overnight white water rafting trips! Looking for that classic Colorado overnight white water rafting experience? This is your chance to enjoy the most popular stretch of whitewater rafting in the country as an exclusive overnight river rafting trip in the heart of the Rockies. Take in spectacular mountain scenery while paddling down the majestic Arkansas River. This is a true Colorado river rafting adventure for those who are looking to experience a night under the stars. Overnight rafting trips like no other!
Hey guys, we were there this summer and had a GREAT Time with you all…. our friend had never whitewater rafted and is ready to go again next year!!! Colorado rocks!!!! Thanks for a fun time!! Well worth the money!
- A perfect weekend getaway without feeling rushed
- Combine Colorado rafting and camping for a true adventure
- Convenient, all-inclusive overnight white water rafting trip package
- A unique way to experience Brown’s Canyon
Get ready to experience the best the Arkansas River Valley has to offer! This is the extended, overnight version of our Brown’s Canyon Sizzler trip. We’ll begin the first day at the start of Brown’s Canyon. We’ll help you pack up your gear, load up the boats, and head out early afternoon, just as everyone else is getting off the river. This overnight rafting trip’s details:
- Check-in at 12:30pm at our Granite outpost
- Wetsuits, splash jackets, helmets, and life jackets all provided for your convenience and comfort
- All camping gear included except sleeping bags
- Exciting Class III rapids such as Seven Stairs, Zoom Flume, Canyon Doors and Siedel’s Suckhole
- Stunning views of the Collegiate Peaks
- Breath-taking granite cliffs to either side as you raft through the proprosed federal wilderness area of Brown’s Canyon
- A gear raft will accompany you, carrying all personal belongings, provisions, and camping equipment
We’ll stop halfway through Brown’s Canyon late afternoon and set up camp beside the river. After the tents are up and the sleeping bags are laid out, you will sit back and relax while our guides prepare a delicious dinner.
- Hike, fish or play games (fishing license required)
- Take in the scenery
- Enjoy the stories and company of your guides
- A hot and hearty dinner and breakfast prepared for you
- Tents, sleeping pads, chairs, tables, firewood all provided
- Sleeping bags available to rent
Drift off to sleep to the sound of the river. Then wake up the next day to the smell of coffee and a hot breakfast. Get ready to take on the second half of Brown’s Canyon before anyone else is on the water.
- Raft a total distance of over 20 miles
- Return to our outpost early afternoon
- Check out photos from the trip and swap stories of your adventures
This is a fantastic trip for experienced rafters looking to take their rafting trips overnight as well as for first timers seeking a unique Colorado whitewater rafting experience. A great all-inclusive option, it is perfect for families, corporate outings, team trips, scout groups, or friends just looking to get out into the wilderness.
Guests need to bring: personal clothing, shoes for rafting and dry shoes for camp, sleeping bag (available to rent ahead of time, please notify us before the day of your trip)
Recommendations: Warm clothing, rain coat, alcohol permitted but no glass please
- Trips depart Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays
- Minimum age 7 years, minimum weight 50 lbs
- AVA reserves the right to change age requirements on all of our Colorado river rafting trips depending on water levels and individual qualifications
24 Hours in Brown’s Canyon + Zipline Package
Overnight Rafting Trip + Zipline
$372 adults, $332 kids 7-12
Granite Outpost: See Map
This is the perfect weekend trip for you diehard whitewater rafters and zipliners! We start the morning with a zipline course over our 44-acre Gold Camp property where you will take in the breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountain peaks and cool, crisp Arkansas River as you zoom through lush aspen and pine trees. After a boxed lunch to rest and refuel, it’s time to start the Brown’s Canyon Sizzler overnight trip. We’ll arrive mid-afternoon, raft into Brown’s Canyon and eat dinner. All your gear will be on a gear raft, so you will have your provisions for the overnight stay. After an early-morning breakfast, you’ll paddle through Class III whitewater, and the trip will end early afternoon of the second day. You must be at least ten years old and weigh at least 50 pounds for this overnight excursion.
In Addition To Your Trip
Still want more after your overnight river trip? Visit Cottonwood Hot Springs or Mt Princeton Hot Springs, both right down the road from our Granite outpost. You could also enjoy an evening horseback ride, check out the historical mining town of Leadville, or take in the views on Independence Pass.
In town for more than a weekend? Ready to take your rafting skills to the next level? Choose from a half-day or full-day advanced Class IV or V trip like The Numbers or The Gauntlet. Ready for even more adrenaline? Check out our rock climbing and rappelling and really get your heart rate going! Or challenge yourself to hike a 14,000-foot peak! The Collegiate Range contains some of the highest mountains in the state, right in our backyard.