Advanced Clear Creek White Water Rafting
For Serious Paddlers Only!
Learn more about:
- Clear Creek Beginner Rafting Trips
- Clear Creek Half Day Intermediate Rafting Trips
- Clear Creek Full Day Intermediate Rafting Trips
- Clear Creek Full Day Advanced Rafting Trips
Come check out our 4,000 sq-ft rafting Outpost in Idaho Springs!
Clear Creek Advanced
Class IV-V Advanced+
$79, ages 15+
Departs from Idaho Springs/Clear Creek Outpost: See Map
Blast down the Lower Canyon of Clear Creek and enjoy one of the most continuous and difficult sections of whitewater rafting the Colorado Rockies has to offer. Our Advanced Clear Creek white water rafting trip takes you straight into the Class IV whitewater of Upper Beaver Falls, Lower Beaver Falls, and The Nixon Rapids. By the time you catch your breath, you’ll be headed into our Class V section, which includes Guide Ejector, Double Knife, Hells Corner and Terminator. Just 40 minutes from Denver, this continuous, steep, technical section of Clear Creek whitewater rafting will keep your paddle moving through the 150 ft/mile gradient drop. A guaranteed adrenaline rush! Good physical fitness level and minimum age 15 required.
I wanted to thank Erika for being a great guide. We had an amazing time and got to learn so much while having a blast. It was our first experience rafting and I couldn’t imagine having a better time. Also, big props on the fajita lunch!— Alan Randolph, Oklahoma City
Staying in Denver, Boulder, Summit County or Winter Park? Need a quick get-away from the Front Range?
Our Clear Creek whitewater rafting trips leave from our Clear Creek Outpost in the historic mining town of Idaho Springs. Located just off Interstate 70 and 40 minutes from Denver, this trip is perfect for those looking for a challenging whitewater adventure close to the Front Range, Winter Park or Summit County!
Highly challenging whitewater rafting on Clear Creek!
- 1/2 day Advanced Class IV & V
- Gradient drop 150ft/mile through Canyon
- Close to Denver, Boulder, Winter Park and Summit County
- Meets at our Idaho Springs/Clear Creek Outpost
- Minimum requirements: 15 years old and good physical condition
- Trip Duration: 2 ½-3 hours on the river (varies with water levels)
- Approximately 10 miles of travel down river
- Multiple departure times: 9:15 am and 3:15 pm
- Rafts can accommodate up to 7 people
- Life jackets, wetsuits, splash jackets, and helmets are provided
- Best Clear Creek Rafting Season: May – early August
As you marvel at the beautiful Colorado scenery in Clear Creek canyon, keep a lookout for Colorado wildlife. You may spot birdlife, deer, fox or river otters.
The Advanced Clear Creek white water rafting trip can add excitement to all Colorado excursions!
- Great addition for any meeting or convention
- Unique activity for team building or improving leadership skills
- That extra something special for family reunions and summer vacations
- A thrill for bachelor/bachelorette parties
- A unique challenge for adventurous and fit families
What else can I do near Idaho Springs? Idaho Springs is a small town with a serious history.
- Take a mine tour or visit the mining museum—learn about the original gold rush in the area.
- Hike Mt. Evans, a Colorado 14-er!
- Head up Hwy 103, a scenic drive to Echo Lake and Mt. Evans
- Relax in the nearby Indian Hot Springs
- Check out Idaho Springs’ shops and restaurants and relax as you walk down Miner St.