Idaho Springs Outpost
Clear Creek Rafting & Zipline Tours
AVA’s Idaho Springs Outpost is located between Summit County and Denver. This 4000-sq.-ft., state-of-the-art outpost is nestled right between Clear Creek and Chicago Creek in a convenient location just off of Interstate 70. This location makes this outpost the perfect place to transition from the highway to the waterways! Easily accessible from Denver, Boulder, Summit County and Winter Park we offer trips for all abilities leaving right from Idaho Springs’s backyard.
Idaho Springs Outpost Address: MAP
431 Chicago Creek Rd. Idaho Springs, CO 80452
Whether you’re wanting a full bodied Colorado experience or just wanting to kill some time on your commute back to Denver, Idaho Springs has it all! Come grab a free cup of coffee at our Outpost and see what Idaho Springs has waiting for you! Whitewater rafting trips from our Idaho Springs Outpost include beginner, intermediate and advance trips from 1/3 day to full day trip and rafting + zipline packages.
Our Idaho Springs Outpost:
- 30 minutes from Denver, 40 miles from Summit County
- All Clear Creek trips leave from this Outpost
- 4000 sq. ft. facility with retail store, deck, huge restrooms and changing rooms
- Zip line Tours available starting May 1
- Trips of all lengths and ability levels
Things to Do in Idaho Springs:
Besides whitewater rafting and zipline tours, we also offer train rides near Idaho Springs. The main street of town is bustling in the summer with shops, restaurants, bars and a long list of outdoor summer activities.
- Clear Creek Rafting for all ages and abilities
- Cliffside Zipline Tours on our 9-acre mountain property (same location as rafting)
- Train Rides on the historic Georgetown Railroad
- Grab a pizza at the famous Beau Jo's pizza
- Get locally brewed beer or root beer at Tommyknockers Brewery
- Stroll main street Idaho Springs
- Drive Highway 103 to Mount Evans or Echo Lake
- Check out St. Mary's Glacier
After your adventure with AVA, it's easy to buzz across to town for happy hour specials or a yummy lunch or dinner. Bring your bike and ride the bike paths or cruise around for some people-watching!