Salt River Rafting Trips in Arizona
Flowing through the deserts of central Arizona, the Salt River is a true wilderness escape. It’s easy to see how the Salt earned its moniker of the “Little Grand Canyon”. Steep, rock, canyon walls soar over 2000 feet above the river as your raft crashes through Class III and IV rapids. During the mellow sections, you’ll find yourself captivated by the surrounding scenery, the diverse plants and animals, and the soothing sound of the river.
Salt River White Water Rafting Details:
• Full Day Salt River Trip includes lunch- Minimum age 12
• 2 Day Salt River Trip includes lunch and dinner on Day 1, breakfast and lunch on Day 2- Minimum age 12
• 5 Day Salt River Trip includes all meals from lunch Day 1 to lunch Day 5- Minimum age 10
• Camp riverside on the 2-day and 5-day trips
• Camping equipment available for rent
• Rafting equipment (wetsuits, splash jackets, booties) provided
Whether you stay for one day or five, you’ll find it hard to end this amazing river trip. This is your chance to turn off the cell phone, forget the laptop, and truly immerse yourself in nature. You’ll pass through a range of unique environments as the river meanders down from the start of the canyon and gradually opens into the Lower Sonoran Desert. If you opt for the 2-Day or 5-Day excursions, camping riverside offers additional opportunities to relax.
In addition to Arizona rafting, the Salt offers a variety of side excursions. Hikes in narrow side canyons and swimming beneath serene waterfalls are just the start. Explore ancient cliff dwellings. Look for the endangered Desert Bald Eagles as you pass through their nature preserve. Admire the sacred Salt Banks. Feast on the delicious riverside meals prepared by your guides. Most of all, just relax and feel your cares slowly drift away. By the end of your trip, you’ll be ready to return home fully refreshed.