3 Day Mild to Wild Deluxe
This Colorado rafting & ziplining trip is full of adventure!
- Includes the following meals: day 1 - lunch & dinner | day 2 - breakfast, lunch & dinner | day 3 - breakfast & lunch
- Includes wetsuits and splash jackets free of charge
- Free coffee at outpost
- Approximately 35 miles of river travel
- 3 Day, 2 Night Trip | 3 day Rafting Trip + Mountaintop Ziplining
- Includes whitewater rafting intermediate to advanced+, inflatable kayaks, rapelling, rock climbing and ziplining
- Check in at 8 am at our Granite Outpost
This trip is the ultimate overnight white water wilderness rafting experience with ziplining in Colorado! Designed to give you all the excitement the Arkansas River has to offer, this trip starts out above Browns Canyon in the Arkansas Valley and ends ziplining at our Granite Outpost. This trip offers rafting of all levels in multiple sections, inflatable kayaks, rock climbing, rappelling and ziplining. It's an adventure trip that will not disappoint!
Day 1: We’ll raft some awesome class III rapids then set up camp in the beautiful Brown’s Canyon. After the tents are up and the sleeping bags are laid out, you will sit back and relax while our guides prepare a delicious dinner. This canyon is a proposed federal wilderness area where you can truly unplug and "get away from it all."
Day 2: Wake up to a delicious breakfast and it’s back to the river for more wilderness rafting in Browns Canyon through rapids like Zoom Flume, the Seven Stairs and Seidel’s Suckhole. After a riverside lunch, you'll jump into Inflatable Kayaks (“duckies”) and paddle them to the take out above the mountain town of Salida. At the end of your second day on the river, we’ll pick you up and drive you upstream to your next riverside camp. The fun's not over for the day! Spend the remainder of the afternoon rock climbing in the Granite Gorge. No experience necessary; we'll teach you all you need to know.
Day 3: On the third morning, after a hearty breakfast, prepare to run the most exhilarating whitewater on the Arkansas, the Class IV & V Pine Creek and the Numbers—also known as “The Gauntlet!” But first you'll rappel from your camp into Granite Gorge, where you'll meet your rafts at the river for this incredible day. This trip is for the adventurous! You will then finish out your rafting trip and enjoy another delicious hot lunch prepared by your guide. After lunch, you will head over to our outpost and start our Mountaintop Zipline through the trees on our 44-acre property. Definitely a fun packed trip!
- Trips depart Tuesdays & Saturdays, with ziplining in the afternoon of the last day
- AVA reserves the right to change age requirements on all of our Colorado river rafting trips depending on water levels and individual qualifications
- Alcohol permitted but no glass please!
Guests need to bring:
- warm clothing
- rain coat
- shoes for rafting and dry shoes for camp
- sleeping bag (available to rent ahead of time, please notify us before the day of your trip)
- toiletries, etc.