Lower Animas Full Day
- Includes deli-style lunch with sides, fruit, chips, and dessert riverside
- Price includes splash jackets, life jackets and helmets
- Primarily Class II rapids with one Class III rapid – perfect for children and those wanting to experience whitewater for the first time.
- Approximately 5 hours on the water
- Check in at the Durango Outpost
- $89/adult, $71/child ages 4-11
Relax and enjoy a unique view of historic Durango. Bounce through fun-filled rapids like Smelter, Sawmill, Santa Rita and Pinball while learning the history of the region and local traditions. First-time rafters and veterans will enjoy this river rafting trip through Durango on the Animas River. No experience necessary! Break midday for a hearty riverside lunch, then enjoy a relaxing float in the afternoon while soaking in the scenery. Your guide will provide historical background of the region and fun facts about the local flora and fauna. Return to the outpost to check out photos of your group and browse souvenirs in the retail shop.
Splash jackets, life jackets and helmets provided. Looking for more after you’re off the river? Durango’s rich history and wide array of outdoor activities make it the perfect Colorado vacation destination.
Wanting something a bit more hands-on? Explore Mesa Verde National Park and view the ancient cliff dwellings. Take a guided tour to get the full history of the dwellings and the Ancestral Pueblo people who inhabited them from 600 to 1300 AD.
Hoping for more great activities for the kids? Durango Mountain Resort offers great on-mountain adventures, including an Alpine Slide, Bungee Trampoline, climbing wall and mini golf course.