Lower Animas Half Day
- Includes deli-style lunch with sides, fruit, chips, and dessert riverside
- Price includes splash jackets, life jackets and helmets
- One Class III rapid plus multiple Class II rapids provide excitement while keeping the experience kid-friendly
- Approximately 3 hours on the water; 4 hours total time commitment
- Check in at the Durango Outpost
- Wetsuits and water shoes available for rent (recommended through June)
- $57/adults, $47/child ages 4-11
Enjoy the best of family rafting in Durango! Take on fun junior rapids with names like Smelter and Pinball while enjoying a unique view of this historic area. The perfect option for families and first-time rafters, the Lower Animas offers something for everyone with paddle boats (where everyone has their own paddle) and oar boats (where guests enjoy the ride while the guide rows). Enjoy learning about the history of the area from your guide while you take in the stunning scenery. At the end of the trip, check out photos of the group and browse t-shirts and other great souvenirs at the office.
A half day rafting trip means there’s plenty of time to check out some of Durango’s other fun outdoor activities and adventures.
Looking for something a bit more high energy? The cliff dwellings at Mesa Verde National Park are some of the best-preserved in the country. Explore them on your own schedule or take a guided tour to learn even more about the Ancestral Puebloans who lived there.
For families with children, Durango Mountain Resort offers a range of fun activities. Go horseback riding, play a round of mini golf, and fly down the hill on the alpine slide. On a rainy day, check out the Durango Discovery Museum.