Upper Animas Full Day
- Includes deli-style lunch riverside
- Price includes wetsuits
- Long stretches of continuous whitewater provide a high –adrenaline experience great for experienced rafters
- Approximately 12 miles on the river | Full day trip
- Check in at the Durango Outpost
- $292.85/person for ages 16+
Big Mountains and Big Whitewater! Take on Class III-V rapids as you pass the 14,000′ peaks of the San Juan range. When the water is high, this is considered one of the most advanced stretches of commercial river in the US, and if the heart-pounding stretches of continuous whitewater don’t take your breath away, the scenery will! Tackle this 12-mile continuous whitewater stretch with a shuttle in and out of the trip. Hit the Class V Broken Bridge Rapid, aka “Holy Cow!” then navigate numerous Class IV challenges with continuous Class III whitewater in between the big ones. Midday, enjoy a gourmet deli lunch with a hike to a historic mining cabin before taking on the second half of this intense whitewater experience!
After a day on the Upper Animas, you’ll probably want to relax as you recover from the non-stop excitement! Consider visiting one of the many hot springs in the area to soak sore muscles or stop into one of the many fantastic restaurants in town.