By: Baily Reker
Even though it is still winter time in the Colorado area that does not mean that you can’t come up with fun outdoor Valentine’s Day gifts this February!
If you are drawing a blank on what to give your special someone here are just a few ideas from AVA!
1. Snowshoe or Hiking Trip up to St. Mary’s Glacier
Location: Near Idaho Springs- Learn more about St. Mary’s Glacier here.
If you both love to get out and go on adventures even in the cold weather we recommend planning a nice snowshoeing trip like up to St. Mary’s Glacier. On top of that try packing a warm picnic backpack, don’t forget the hot chocolate!
If snowshoeing isn’t enough, you can hike up to the top of St. Mary’s Glacier and snowboard or ski down! Be very careful of avalanches and please have experience in back-country skiing if you chose to do this.
2. Avalanche Safety Kit
There is no better way to say I love you than by giving them a gift that will keep them safe.
Here are some options:
- Avalanche backpack
- Backcountry Probe
- Snow study kit
3. A weekend Hot Springs Trip
Maybe you are feeling outdoorsy and adventurous but not looking for anything too hardcore. Try heading to some outdoor natural hot springs and better yet book a weekend at a hotel!
There are many hot springs all over Colorado.
- Indian Hot Springs – Located Near Idaho Springs (not far from Denver)
- Glenwood Springs – There are great hot springs, places to stay and things to do in Glenwood Springs.
- Strawberry Park Natural Hot Springs – Beautiful hot spring in Steam Boat Springs.
4. New Adventure Gear
If you are not ready to get outside in February, we completely understand. Get excited for Spring with some great gear.
Some of our favorite rock climbing needs:
- A Chalk bag and some Gold Dust Chalk
- Bouldering Crash Pad
- Quickdraws and carabiners
If you are not into climbing, try some camping gear. This is always a great gift that gets anyone excited for the upcoming camping season.
- Lumen Flashlight
- Yeti Cooler
- An all gear bag
Lastly, there is so much ski gear to choose from. Whether you want to get that someone special a brand new board or some cozy socks, you can’t go wrong with gear.
5. Book them a skiing or snowboard lesson
To go with that awesome new ski gear you can look into booking a lesson for skiing or snowboarding. No matter how good someone is they can always get better and many of the ski resorts have awesome instructors of many different levels!
6. Renew or Purchase Next Years Ski Pass
Do you guys like to plan ahead and always try to get good deals? Try looking into purchasing a ski pass early, you might be able to get it for a better deal and that is one less thing to stress out about for next winter.
Maybe you love snow but skiing isn’t really your thing? Colorado offers so many different activities that you can do!
7. Take them on an outdoor Adventure- Check out our favorites below
We have so many suggestions for these tours for two!
- Snowmobiling tour is a great way to get the blood flowing and enjoy the snow with your loved one.
- A dog sledding tour may be on of the most memorable Valentine’s days you could have.
- Take them on a horse drawn carriage ride for a truly romantic holiday.
8. Plan their Next Spring and Summer Vacation for them
We also would love to mention that while AVA might not quite be open in February you can get your lover a gift certificate for one of our many adventures. Just a few of ideas would be our zipline course, via ferrata, or rafting! We start as early as March for zip lining!
While these gifts may not all be materialistic they all show thought and love!