Now that you’ve made the family decision to “rock” the Arkansas River and World renowned Browns Canyon, it’s time to gear up! The following list will give you all the essentials plus some local tips to make your journey into the great unknown one for the ages. Don’t forget to open your mind, and your courage too, as you tame the mighty Arkansas River.
– Clean, dry socks: After a long day of rafting, keep those toesees nice and warm, with a special pair of warm socks.
– A hoodie or sweater for those chilly, starry Colorado nights
– Even in the heart of summer, it will get a little “brisk” out there at night. So bring your favorite sweatshirt to wear around the fire, or even a little blankee to snug with!
– Raincoat: Like many western states, Colorado is known for the quick afternoon thunderstorm, so bring a raincoat to thwart the storm!
– Dry Shoes for Camp: Similar to socks, keep a dry pair of shoes for camp, to keep the feet warm after a long day of shredding the river.
– Sleeping Bag: Keep warm at night as you slide into your own comfy bag of delight. AVA rafting at coloradorafting.net also rents sleeping bags for you if need be.
The Must-Need-If-You-Want list:
– A cooler: A must for any real camping trip, stock up with some goodies of choice for the kiddos or some well deserved adult beverages for the gang!
– Smores Kit for the Fam
– Stock up on the Fireside staple we all love, and AVA would be happy to put the goodies in our dry bag to float down the river with ya, and give you something to look forward too!
Ok, now you have no excuses to be ready, stocked up and prepared for a trip of a lifetime! Good luck, but now that you’re an expert, you won’t need it!