- Morning and afternoon departures provide flexibility in scheduling
- Plenty of Class II whitewater with a few Class III rapids
- Approximately 2 hours on the water
- Approximately 4 hours total time commitment
- A great option for scout troops, youth groups and families staying in Vail
- One of the few undammed rivers in Colorado
- Season is May-June depending on water levels
Located near Vail, Colorado, the western slope begins here with lodge pole pines and aspen forests in the mountains giving way to the sagebrush and junipers of the high desert. The Eagle River whitewater rafting experience offers a variety of paddling for all levels of boating, and the Lower Eagle is the perfect Colorado family rafting experience. There are plenty of rapids to get you wet with small holes and splashy wave trains. Between rapids, you’ll have time to take in the scenery as you meander down the valley into high desert terrain. A great whitewater trip for families with kids and for first time rafters hoping to experience whitewater.