The Numbers Rafting Trips
Arkansas River White Water Rafting
Full & 1/2 Day trips
Advanced Class III-V
1/2 Day: $74 Full Day: $111
Check In: 8:30 am, 12:30 pm at AVA’s Granite Outpost: Map It!
Located 14 miles north of Buena Vista and 19 miles south of Leadville in Central Colorado.
The Numbers 1/2 Day AM (8:30 am)
The Numbers rafting section of the Arkansas River is perfect for those looking for a challenging, non-stop, action-filled Colorado whitewater rafting trip! This is Arkansas River white water rafting like you’ve never experienced before.
Thanks AVA for another awesome time on the river. Special thanks to Matt. You were terrific!— , MN
Looking for that true “Colorado Rocky Mountain high?” John Denver said it best with his song about how the Colorado Rockies can change your life in just one look. The Numbers section of the Arkansas River got its name in the late 1800s by local miners who viewed the rapids as non-navigable landmarks. They were so intimidated that they just numbered the rapids instead of naming them. If you are an experienced rafter looking to take it to the next level or a adventurous beginner up for a new challenge, the Numbers rafting trips are for you!
The Numbers have been described as a quintessential Class III-V river rafting trip. It’s Arkansas River white water rafting at its finest.
Info about The Numbers Half Day trip on the Arkansas River:
- 1/2 day Advanced Class III-V
- Meets at our Granite Outpost 14 miles north of Buena Vista
- Trip Duration: approx. 2 hours on the river (varies with the season)
- Approximately 9 miles of river travel
- Two departure times: 8:30 am & 12:30 pm
- Minimum requirements: at least 15 years old
- Good physical condition recommended
- Life jackets, wetsuits, splash jackets, and helmets are provided
- Close to Summit County, Vail, Aspen, Denver and Colorado Springs
- Great views of the Colorado Rocky Mountains!
- Adrenaline-filled, non-stop action with 8 Class III-V rapids!
The Numbers rafting offers narrow channels, steep drops, and technical maneuverings as you travel through boulder-strewn canyons and gorgeous valleys, makes this rafting trip one to remember! With the snow capped mountains of the Collegiate Peaks in the distance, the area’s picturesque views are sure to blow you away. You may also catch sight of some local wildlife like Big Horn sheep, deer, elk and tons of birdlife.
Want more?? Make sure to take the Numbers rafting full day trip and continue down the river to take on the Narrows section!
Info about The Numbers Full Day trip on the Arkansas River:
- Full day Advanced Class III-V
- Departure time: 8:30 am
- Approximately 7 MORE miles of Class III/IV rapids!
- Includes a sizzling fajita lunch (chicken or vegetarian)
Looking for more excitement on the Numbers? Try the Numbers Wyldride–where you and one other rafter hit the Numbers in a 9-foot raft with your guide.
The Numbers Full Day + Zipline Package
Full Day Raft + Zipline Adventure
$200 adult, 15+ on the raft trip
Check in: 8:30 am
Granite Outpost: See Map
Spend a full day on the river navigating the notorious Numbers followed by the Narrows. You’ll quickly lose track of which rapid you’re on as they come at you in quick succession, but we’ll make sure to find time for a hot, chicken fajita lunch along the way. After you have returned to the outpost and dried off, it’s time for one of the most exciting and popular Colorado mountain summer adventures – ziplining! Our zipline course is integrated into the wooded and craggy surroundings of our mountainous 43-acre Gold Camp property. Take in the views of snow-capped peaks and the Arkansas River as you zip from cliff to cliff between the pine and aspen trees. Minimum age 15. Minimum weight 75 lbs, maximum weight 250 lbs.
Book This Trip, Get the Rafting Trip 50% off! Use promo code NFDZ14
Numbers Half Day and Zipline Package
Half Day Raft + Zipline Adventure
Advanced Class III-V Rafting
$177 adult 15+ on the raft trip
Granite Outpost: See Map
This is one for you intermediate/advanced whitewater rafters and zipliners! Start your daring adventure with the challenging Numbers whitewater; each Class III-V rapid is known for continuous whitewater and a steep ledge drop into the Number 5 rapid. After a gourmet lunch break, you will experience one of the most thrilling and popular summer adventures in the mountains of Colorado—ziplining! As you zip from cliff to cliff through the mountainous 44-acre Gold Camp property, you will take in the glorious snow-capped mountain peaks and sparkling Arkansas River. You have to be at least 15 years old to participate in this thrilling adventure.
After your day of white water rafting is done, there’s still a lot more to do!!
- Try a zipline tour or rock climbing
- Take a scenic sunset horseback ride
- Relax at the Cottonwood Hot Springs
- Check out the nearby shops and restaurants of Leadville or Buena Vista
- Spend the night at our outpost in our rustic cabins or camp at our campgrounds!
- Come back in the morning and attempt our Class V trip, Pine Creek!