Locals and guests in this quaint little town are spoiled with gorgeous surroundings and all the amenities of a bigger city. Summer brings endless sunny days and boundless fun. From leisurely nature walks to high intensity mountain biking, scenic horseback trail rides and exciting raft trips at your fingertips you’ll never find yourself without something to fill your days in Vail, CO or Beaver Creek, CO!
Vail is home to many world class events including the Teva Games, Bravo-Vail Valley Music Festival and the Vilar Performing Arts Center.
The town of Vail sits right at the base of Vail Ski Resort and is only minutes to Beaver Creek Resort. Both areas are home to renowned shopping and galleries, worId-class golf resorts and a wide variety of restaurants.
Things to Do in Vail
- Fly fishing
- Mountain biking
- Whitewater rafting
- Zipline tours
- Rock climbing
Vail is also home to several wonderful places to dine. For a tasty start to your day The West Side and Route 6 are the places to go. For dinner, steak lovers should try The Chophouse or The Gas house. Find Sushi at The Foxnut. For more of a local feel Pazzos, Vendettas, or The Coyote is a perfect place to kick up your heels and have a drink.
The cine bistro provides a fun night out with the latest movies and great food & service.
Rafting Trips and Zipline Tours near Vail
Visitors to Vail are in a great location to access the best mountain summer recreation. AVA has whitewater rafting trips on 4 rivers as well as zipline tours within a 1-hour drive of Vail.
- Arkansas River rafting trips are the most popular in the state. From our Granite Outpost you can access family whitewater rafting to advanced Class V trips. Or hit a zipline tour on our 44-acre property. Combine them both in a package to maximize on fun and stretch your budget.
- Upper Colorado River rafting trips depart from our Kremmling Outpost. Choose a scenic float –great for smaller kids and those wanting a more relaxing river trip – or paddle inflatable kayaks. The advanced Class V Gore Canyon rafting trip also leaves from Kremmling.
- Shoshone Rapids on the Colorado River offer Class III family whitewater rafting near Glenwood Springs and is easily accessible from I-70 and great for those passing through that area.
- Our Blue River Rafting trip is a quick hit of Class III family whitewater in a location convenient to Vail and Summit County.
If you’re staying in Vail, the options for adventure and fun are endless. Use our trip finder to narrow down the perfect trip for you!
Our favorite places to stay in Vail:
- The Westin
- Marriot Vail Mountain Resort
- Vail Cascade Resort & Spa
Our favorite places to eat and imbibe:
- The Foxnut
- The Chophouse
- The Gas House
- Ti Amo
- The West Side
- Route 6
- The Coyote
Unwind from a long day of adventure treat yourself to a day of relaxation at one of Vail’s many Spas or yoga and pilates are available at the Vail athletic club.