This AVA Outpost is located in the quiet town of Kremmling, 1 hour north of Summit County, 1 hour south of Steamboat Springs and 1 hour west of Winter Park. Although Kremmling is a small town that is often a stopping point between larger Colorado destinations , it's well worth stopping for a rafting trip. The Upper Colorado river rafting trips and inflatable kayak trips here show you stunning scenery, rugged ranchland, the steep peaks of the Gore Range Mountains, and an array of Colorado wildlife.
Great camping and fishing options are easy to find around the area as well as local hot springs like Hot Sulphur Springs Spa and Resort just up the road.
All of our Colorado River trips except Shoshone Rapids leave from our Kremmling locations. Rafting trips from AVA’s Kremmling Outpost include full day and ½ day trips.
Rafting trips from AVA’s Kremmling Outpost include:
- Upper Colorado Full day, ½ day Float: min age 3 & 30 lbs
- Upper Colorado inflatable Kayaks: min age 10
- Stand Up Paddleboard trips: min age 13
- 24 Hours on the Upper Colorado overnight rafting trip: min age 5
- 3 Day Upper Colorado overnight rafting trip: min age 5
- Gore Canyon- One of the best Class V sections in the U.S. : min age 15
Our Kremmling Outpost:
- 1 hour north of Summit County
- 1 hour south of Steamboat Springs
- All Colorado trips leave from here expect Shoshone
- Full day, ½ day, floats and advanced options.
- Float trip passes natural hot spring right on the river
- Cliff jumping opportunity
Kremmling is an easy and scenic drive for a day trip from Breckenridge, Frisco, Winter Park or Steamboat. Our trips at this location fit easily into your vacation schedule and provide one of the most uniquely "Colorado" mountain experiences you can find. The view from a river unline any other - looking up at canyon walls, wildlife, and feeling the flow of the river relax you and disconnect you from the crazy pace of daily life. You'll return refreshed and renewed.
Want An Unguided Adventure? Do It Yourself With
Colorado River Rentals
Check out our Gear Rentals available at the Kremmling Outpost for fun on the Upper Colorado. Now you can rent rafts, infltable kayaks, Stand Up Paddleboards and all you'll need for a day or overnight adenture on your own. No guide needed! The Upper Colorado's mellow rapids make a great option for those go-getters who would rather do their own trip than be on a guided excursion. We make it easy for you to rent the gear you need and get on the river.
- 12' and 16' Rafts
- Stand Up Paddleboards
- Inflatalbe Kayaks ("Duckies")
- Paddles or Oar Frames
- Coolers and Cargo Boxes
- Dry Bags
- & More!
- Rentals All Include Life Jackets
- Pickup & Dropoff at the River Available or Come Grab Your Gear from our Kremmling Outpost!